MV Carmel Ecofresh and MV Carmel Bio-Top
Reefer/Container newbuilding – 2 x 500.000 cu.f
- Initial design by 3rd party.
- None-optimal solutions and compromises had to be made.
- Insulation thickness insufficient in some areas. Thermal bridges in some locations impossible to avoid.
- Overall, acceptable K-value, but not the best solution in terms of mechanical strength and easy maintenance.
- 6 insulated decks, 18 separate refrigated chambers.
- Approx 50 x 22 x 18m “black hole” separated by a midship bulkhead.
- MGIT responsible for all construction in the black hole.
- Construction of monorail crane (for installation logistics) fitted on H-beam in top deck ceiling.
- Tranversal steel H-beams, fitted individually.
- “Deck-flats” – deck pontooons of steelstructure, pre-insulated by MGIT – fitted individually